The town of Raahe is located on the north-west coast of Finland on the shores of the Bay of Bothnia, in the western part of Northern Ostrobothnia. Raahe is located along Highway 8 and it is the end point of Main Road 88 in the west.
Arriving in Raahe
Transport connections are good by car or bus. Train passengers disembark at Raahe Railway Station in Vihanti, a half-hour drive from the town centre. The international airport in Oulu can be reached by car or airport taxi in an hour. For more information on public transport, see our website.
Freight traffic is also busy by sea. Raahe’s deep-water harbour is one of the busiest on the Bay of Bothnia, and freight trains run directly from the port to the world.
The street address of the Town of Raahe is Rantakatu 50, FI-92100 Raahe.
- Exchange: +358 8 439 3111. The exchange is available from Monday to Friday at 8.30 am–3.45 pm.
- The area code for Oulu is 08.
- +358 8 558 410 when calling from abroad.
- The official e-mail address of Raahe is kirjaamo [at] raahe.fi.
- The e-mail addresses of personnel are in the format firstname.lastname [at] raahe.fi.
PO Box 62